HAPPY VALENTINES DAY my fellow lover,
So there are many varying opinions about Valentine’s day from different people. If you are in a relationship, it’s a day to express your love. If you’re not in a relationship, today can be known as Single’s awareness day. And no matter which category you fall, you may think of Valentine’s day as just a another day on the calendar.
We all know that Valentine’s day is a highly commercialized “holiday” here in America. Billions of dollars are spent every year on flowers, cards, presents, candy, chocolate etc. It seems to have become more about showing off how big your present is rather than how big your love is. I’m not gonna act like I haven’t participated in the debacle. I would post pictures of the lovely flowers I would receive or box of strawberries. I would feel special when I received something, and with social media, and the help of the ego, I would want to share just how special I was with everyone because of what I would receive. And sometimes I still let that get the best of me. “I am special because I get ____ , wanna see? Here’s a pic or a post about it”
Valentine’s Day has come to represent that if you are in a relationship then you are worthy and if you aren’t then you are unworthy. Some people feel as though, since they don’t have a loved one there to shower them in gifts, that it’s just a reminder of how single they are and how unworthy they feel watching everyone else flaunt their stuff.
That is simply untrue and I’m here to share that Valentine’s Day does not have to represent the receiving of love as much as it can represent the GIVING of love. And guess what, you don’t have to be a relationship to GIVE love!!! Isn’t that awesome? I know that love is something that should be expressed EVERYDAY but face it, Valentine’s Day isn’t going away any time soon so while it’s here, we can still use it to represent a day of GIVING LOVE.
Give to your friends, your parents, your children, your partners, strangers, YOURSELF! Feel the love within and share it’s overflow with those around you. Make today about sharing and making others feel special. Besides, the more you give the more you open yourself up to receive.
I’m doing you a favor and giving you 14 EASY WAYS TO GIVE LOVE TODAY whether you’re single or not:
1. SMILE AT EVERYONE YOU SEE AND SAY HELLO
2. BUY SOME FLOWERS AND PASS THEM OUT AT WORK (good deed of the day btw)
3. LEAVE A NICE CARD ON A STRANGERS WINDSHIELD TELLING THEM THEY ARE PERFECT
4. PAY FOR LUNCH FOR THE PERSON BEHIND YOU
5. MAKE SOME COOKIES AND SHARE
6. CREATE A SOUNDTRACK WITH YOUR FAVORITE INSPIRING SONGS AND GIVE IT TO A FRIEND
7. HUG, HUG, HUG!!!
8. THANK THOSE YOU APPRECIATE
9. SAY I LOVE YOU IN THE MIRROR
10. SAY A SILENT PRAYER FOR EVERYONE YOU PASS
11. CALL YOUR PARENTS AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM
12. HELP SOMEONE IN NEED
13. BLAST HAPPY MUSIC WHILE YOUR DRIVING
14. and I know I said this already but seriously just….. SMILE!!! WALK AROUND SMILING AND I GAURANTEE, YOUR PRESCENCE WILL BRIGHTEN THE DAY OF THOSE AROUND YOU!
Today I am going to leave LOVE NOTES around for strangers to find!!!
What will you do today to focus on GIVING your love rather than receiving love from someone else??